WHAT IS emPOWER?
emPOWER: Women in Trades, a Manpower Alberta Program, is a no-cost government-funded training program, designed in partnership with SAIT to help unemployed or marginally employed women with an interest in entering the trades sector. This program provides skills training and support to begin your career and to secure entry-level employment in the trades industry.
What’s Included in the Program?
Manpower’s emPOWER – Women in Trades program includes:
- Plumbing & pipefitting
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Relevant safety certifications
- A woman who is currently living in Alberta
- 18 years or older
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or marginally employed
- EI eligible
- Ready, Willing and Able to participate in the 15 week (full-time) program